FOR YOGA TEACHERS
Chair Yoga Professional Development - 50 hours - 50 CPD points (Yoga Australia)
For yoga teachers (minimum 200 hour trained)
In this four day post graduate teacher training course, you will learn how to teach chair yoga to a wide range of students including those in general community groups, corporate, schools and aged care environments.
This training will provide participants with the skills, techniques and knowledge to enable you to immediately expand your business to teach yoga to the large (and rapidly growing) proportion of the community that cannot or choose not to practice yoga on a mat.
Chair yoga is an accessible form of yoga that can be practiced by people of all ages and abilities and incorporates all elements of a traditional yoga practice to support the physical, mental, social, emotional and spiritual wellbeing of students.
This course is delivered by Robyn Lewis, a level 2 Yoga Australia registered teacher. Robyn’s extensive yoga teaching experience includes vinyasa flow, core yoga, gentle yoga, chair yoga and children’s yoga. Robyn currently teaches the full range of chair yoga forms from gentle chair through to chair-mat blends to groups and one on one clients.
With a background as a high school teacher and corporate manager, Robyn has created an engaging and relevant post graduate yoga teacher training course in line with the principles of adult learning. The course draws on the existing knowledge and experience of participants as yoga teachers and focuses on the theory and practice of the various forms of chair yoga.
Modules in the course include Evidence of Need (demographics); Technical Study; Philosophy, Lifestyle and Ethics; Anatomy and Physiology of Specialty Groups; Teaching Methodology; Class Management; Teaching Practice; Business of Chair Yoga.
The 50 hour course includes 34 contact hours and 16 non-contact hours. Assessment of competency is by full attendance and participation in contact elements and completion of non-contact elements (chair yoga practice, application of in course leaning and planning, teaching and reflecting tasks). Participants will receive a certificate of completion when non-contact elements are complete and can claim 50 CPD points (Yoga Australia).
Interested in a Chair Yoga PD in your area? Contact me to discuss hosting opportunities (free course).
Adelaide - January 19-22 2019 - West Beach SA
Canberra - April 13-16 2019 - Weston Creek ACT
Bookings and enquiries – contact Robyn for information - phone 0432 778 271 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
(Canberra) - April 2017
- Thank you for such a rich 4 days of learning. Loved getting to know everyone
- So grateful I had an opportunity to learn so much
- Big thanks for delivering such a rich course. It was lovely to connect with the group, the great energy and sharing that occurred
- I really enjoyed the course and the diversity of the practical hours I ended up experiencing. Thank you for your guidance and support
- Thank you, it is rewarding to be able to offer yoga to people who may have thought it was too hard for them to try
- You created a safe and supportive atmosphere that fostered a great feel in the group
- Lovely teaching, well planned and executed, great way of bringing the group together – warmth, light
- The course was great in reinforcing previous learning and teaching new skills
- Was wonderfully structured, such thought and skill applied to every part of the course
(Canberra) - August 2017
- Heartiest thanks for providing as great knowledge and making as aware about the broad scope in Chair Yoga
- Thank you so much Robyn for giving up your time to give us the opportunity to undertake this training to both enhance our mat work and to allow us to offer more opportunities for people to access yoga
- Such a good community atmosphere was fostered
- Very happy I decided to do this course
- You provided an exceptional workbook
- The course was really good and knowledgeable
- A very thoughtful course, good structure. Each class led you to the next level, an excellent course.
- Everything was fantastic, I really enjoyed the course
(Auckland/Wellington) - September 2017
- Very informative and quality information for a short workshop
- Amazing - a lot of new ideas that were really inspirational. Very interesting and encouraging for starting and building up work.
- Lots of ideas, encouraging me to get back into the path I am meant to follow
- Felt very blessed to be here. I enjoyed the wealth of knowledge and found the workshop amazing
- Inspiring for making yoga for every body
- Great speaker, wonderful insights and shared experience
- Thank you for your professional inspiration
(Adelaide) - January 2018
- Excellent - very impressive content and very comprehensive
- I loved being able to practice teaching every day, especially in the group setting
- Really appreciated the discussion about business and money etc. Sometimes this is not covered in yoga trainings
- Very well planned and carried out
- The Chair Yoga Course was one of the most informative, inclusive and expansive courses I have done. Robyn's attention to detail and complete commitment to our learning the material was amazing. This is a must do course and essential knowledge for all yoga teachers who aspire to work with anyone requiring support from a chair
FOR SCHOOL TEACHERS
Mindfulness for Classrooms - 6 hour course (registered for 5 TQI hours - https://teachereducation.tqi.act.edu.au/).
Monday August 13 2018 (week 4, term 3).
Weston Creek Community Centre, Cooleman Court, Weston, Canberra ACT.
Learn how to apply mindfulness techniques in the classroom.
Contact Robyn for course overview and registration
(0432 778 271 email@example.com)